[NAFEX] evans-bali cherry

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Mon Jul 25 09:42:45 EDT 2011

I don't think so, as Bali is sold bt St. Lawrence Nursery, which says they are own-rooted tissue-culture propagated plants.

I believe the owner of St. Lawrence decided to sell 'Evans' as 'Bali' in honor of his daughter or something along those lines. (that being her name.)

I have no direct experience with either evans or bali, having only seen them in catalogs, but I'm pretty sure they are identical, except that Evans can be found both own-rooted and grafted, whereas 'Bali' is basically a brand name and is always own-rooted.

Me, I planted a little carmine jewel this spring. I don't know why I bothered, as the critters have eaten all of my fruit this year. I guess hope springs eternal.