[NAFEX] apple tree sudden death

Michele Stanton 6ducks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 22:23:02 EDT 2011

David,
My best is phytophthora root rot.  Any chance that the drainage is less than
wonderful in that spot?

Here is some more phytophthora information:
http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/course/pp728/cactorum/Pcactorum.html

The Ottawa rootstock is supposedly resistant to Phytophthora, so perhaps
that guess is in left field.
Apple experts!!  What could it be?

Michele in SW Ohio