[NAFEX] goumi this!

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 07:29:03 EST 2011

Murphy,
    Sorry you had "bad experience". I can't figure out why. The goumi that I have sampled (years ago in LA) was tart and pleasant. Sherwood Akin rated it second to mayhaw for jelly. So, I would assure anyone that goumi has taste(can't make tasty jelly from "air"). Are you sure you sampled REAL goumi, not autumn olive or something else?
                                           Richard Harrison, NW FL
The goumi posts have gotten me curious. I may see what is available locally---these days. I think at lease 1 local nurseryman may have it. It doesn't take long to bear fruit.