[NAFEX] Elaeagnus propagation & goumi/autumn olive

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 18:39:57 EST 2011

I understand that the Elaeagnus can be propagated by rooting stem cuttings, but have not had success with that myself.  I think the percentage of cuttings that would root would not be very high, due, in part, to the wood being very hard.  I intend to experiment more with Autumn Olives propagation using green wood cuttings this year.

I'm hoping to graft some goumi to autumn olive rootstock at some point.  Seedlings are easy to come by and I'm going to try top working as well.

Thanks to all that commented - it was helpful.