[NAFEX] Jeanne Gooseberry, value of volunteer NAFEX support

Richard Moyer ramoyer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 08:53:03 EST 2011

If memory serves correct, our own Lon Rombough noticed the superiority
of Jeanne (then OT126) years ago, in the gooseberry collection at the
Corvallis NCGR.

Eventually it was named and released.

Especially in these budget strapped times, if NAFEXers can volunteer
at state or federal fruit research stations, could help in the
preservation and eventual wider release of, in Lee Reich's words,
'Uncommon Fruits Worthy of Attention".
Richard Moyer
SW VA
P.S.  At my gooseberry planting in NE TN, 'Glenndale' is much more
productive, and much more thorny, than 'Jeanne'.

Message: 11