[NAFEX] Chestnuts in 4b?

loneroc loneroc at countryspeed.com
Sun Jan 23 21:42:35 EST 2011

Hi Adrienne,

I'm located in a zone 3b in SW Wisconsin

I have two American Chestnut seedlings (from Bear Creek, I think) that are
25 feet tall in around 10 years.  They've never been damaged and my coldest
temp has been on the low size of -40F/C.  I do get decent summer heat
here--not sure if that would make a difference.  Hybrid chestnuts have not
done well.

Go for it!!

Steve H.