[NAFEX] global cooling

Bill Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sun Jan 23 15:34:00 EST 2011

> I hope this doesn't raise a guttural backlash on the board here, but
> it is time to be hashing this out (well the time was actually probably
> in the 70's but we cannot go back)

Unfortunately, if we don't accept the scientific consensus - the
overwhelming consensus of climatologists, the people who actually KNOW
something about it - then clearly NOTHING will change our mind. After
all, it's just ridiculous that us laymen would know more about this
scientific issue than the scientists who specialize in that particular
field, those who have both the education and the experience to judge
competing claims.

For us laymen, it's just going to be anecdotes (often erroneous, but we
don't know that) and politics (whether or not we watch Fox News or
listen to talk radio). So I really don't see the value of discussing it
here. It's not going to change any minds, and it's just going to get
people upset when they really want to believe otherwise.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being
ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet. - Rodney Dangerfield