[NAFEX] off topic: rice bugs

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 12 10:00:51 EST 2011

Hi Ginda,  We often have these bugs, sometimes the meal moth (worm),
sometimes weevil.  We microwave them.  It destroys bugs and eggs.  Do some
sorting if it's a bad infestation.  I'm sure we've eaten a few without
knowing it.  Weevils have a pointed snout, lay eggs that hatch, etc. etc.
There is a trap for the meal moths that works well, but you have to renew
the attractant.  I've seen them at Walmart.     Hector Black