[NAFEX] Apple varieties

Amelia Hayner abhayner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:27:18 EST 2011

only Liberty.
It was suprisingly good. In fact, it was one of the apples that opened my
closed mind. I used to think that only heirloom varieties were worth
planting.
And it was a pretty apple too.
goats that that tree as well, but I put up a good battle.
I even bridged the scar (this might help someone else) from the bark
stripping... with a shoot that sprang up from the base.
I cut the end off, inserted it into the cadmium layer of bark on the other
side of the wound and it helped the tree get a lot more water than it would
have anyway.
amy