[NAFEX] lilac question

david liezen chandos49 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 21:04:11 EDT 2011

If your lilacs stand on their own roots, you'll get the hybrid: same roots, same stems. If they stand on another rootstock, this'll probably be growth from the rootstock. Check for a graft union on your oldest/biggest stem/trunk.

Cutting and planting lilacs from suckers is easy. I did it with a fragrant bright white lilac last summer and the little guy came through the worst winter for desperately cold beginning and end in living memory just fine. I hope for first bloom in two more years.

Dave Liezen, E. WA z6