[NAFEX] blackberry pruning and hardiness

mark wessel growyourown at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 30 07:10:35 EST 2010

   Below is a link to the Fall Newsletter that Nourse Farms sent . At the very end of the Newsletter is an article titled "Fall pruning to prevent winter damage." Interesting article which turns most pruning advice on its head. We will see since I pruned this fall per directions.
    There are also several other items in the newsletter that may be of interest. First, variety reviews. I grew the Mara des Bois strawberry this year. A french everbearing variety which is high on flavor and fragrance. Excellent berry. Haven't tasted anything close except some alpines.

Mark
SW Ohio