[NAFEX] Chester Thornless Blackberry

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 19:08:11 EST 2010

I'm wondering if anyone out there grows or is familiar with the Chester Thornless Blackberry and has any first hand info to share.

The Canadian company, T & T Seeds is offering it this year and they claim it is zone 2/3 hardy.  The old T & T Seeds was always a reliable and reputable company, but I'm not so sure if their new management gets that same endorsement from me anymore. Last year they sold me Silver Maples labeled as Sugar Maples and the year before they argued with me (during a phone call to their tree expert) that there was no difference between seedlings and grafts from the famous Edmonton Capilano apricot.

www.ttseeds.com

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB