[NAFEX] Can anyone id?

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Thu Nov 25 09:47:38 EST 2010

In a message dated 11/24/2010 9:54:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rharrison922 at yahoo.com writes:

>    I may not be any help, but it sure looks a lot like native persimmon to
> me. However, natives ripen much earlier, I admit. I have seen a kaki
> nearby that was a bearing tree I think when I was a kid---40 years ago. It has
> rather small, seeded fruit, which when I first saw the fruit, I thought it
> was native, not kaki. It turns out to be kaki, but has some fruit
> characteristics like native. Very astringent until fully ripe, for example. Seedy,
> too.
>   I don't have a clue as to the variety name, but COULD take a photo of it
> as it has ripe fruit right now.
>                                 Richard, NW FL

Hello Richard,

Happy Thanksgiving. I was more concerned as to who the lady was. I suspect
she was from California because of the other pictures on the same photo
paper.

The persimmon in could very well be native persimmon but leaned more toward
the kaki side because I believe it was in California. It is virtually
impossible with the exception of very few varieties to identify them from the
picture. No need to take a picture of yours.

Thanks,

Jerry