[NAFEX] Can anyone id?

Richard Harrison rharrison922 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 21:54:16 EST 2010

Jerry,
    I may not be any help, but it sure looks a lot like native persimmon to me. However, natives ripen much earlier, I admit. I have seen a kaki nearby that was a bearing tree I think when I was a kid---40 years ago. It has rather small, seeded fruit, which when I first saw the fruit, I thought it was native, not kaki. It turns out to be kaki, but has some fruit characteristics like native. Very astringent until fully ripe, for example. Seedy, too.
   I don't have a clue as to the variety name, but COULD take a photo of it as it has ripe fruit right now.
                                 Richard, NW FL