[NAFEX] Drying Persimmons

Dr. Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Nov 8 10:32:22 EST 2010

My friend Lee B. peels, slices, and dries firm Rosseyanka (D.v.XD.k.hybrid)
fruits - before they've softened and lost their astringency.  The dried
fruit slices are tasty, with no hint of astringency - and are a lighter
color than those I've dried once the fruits become soft and nonastringent,
by either slicing them in half or just 'squashing' them to the desired
thickness to allow drying.

Lucky