[NAFEX] 'Bubblegum' plums?

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sat Mar 13 11:04:31 EST 2010

> 'Bubblegum' is some marketer's idea of a better name than 'Toka', which is the older name of this cultivar. You could ask people their opinions of the flavor of 'Toka' since it's the same thing.

My Toka plums, which bore fruit for the first time last year, were
smaller than the other plums I've got, not much bigger than the wild
plums around here. (Maybe I should have thinned them.) They didn't look
as nice as the other plums, either,... but they were easily the
best-tasting. I was very happy with them.

Luckily, they didn't taste the SLIGHTEST bit like bubblegum, either.

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
The Federal Communications Commission, the Food and Drug Administration
and the American Cancer Society recognize this, but for most Americans