[NAFEX] hawthorn

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 30 20:24:37 EDT 2010

We've grown many varieties of Mayhaw, and also the Chinese hawthorne and
both make wonderful jelly.  Neither has what you would call a juicy fruit,
but the flavor is quite wonderful.  Chinese fruits are larger, but the tree
seems to be more susceptible to Quince rust which damages small branches,
leaves and fruits.    Hector Black,  zone 6 middle tn.