[NAFEX] Bumper crop of black currants

Kieran and/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Sat Jun 26 12:55:54 EDT 2010

>My two currant bushes (Titania and Ben Lomond) are producing a bumper crop this year!

Deb, Lucky you!  I know one thing to do with them, feed them to an Irishman.  But you'll have to look up recipes same as I will when my little new bushes get going strong.  I picked a few little handfuls and put them in cobblers with boring early pears or with peaches, and my Irish husband was thrilled.  He says that black currant buns were very popular back home, so I guess you could do them up like blueberry muffins.  As long as you cook them, they should be pretty tasty.  Donna