[NAFEX] Evans Cherry Bushes

Brungardt, Sam (MPCA) Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Tue Jun 15 10:22:26 EDT 2010

Jim are you sure your Evans are grafted?  The Evans trees sold by St. Lawrence Nurseries as 'Bali' are tissue-cultured plants on their own roots.  I have not had any trouble with my tree hardening off here in St. Paul (granted, our winter temps are not as severe as where you live).  But I guess what you are saying is that you feel that you'd have less trouble if the plants were grown as bushes with multiple stems. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, MN (USDA Zone 4b)