[NAFEX] MULBERRY

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Sat Jun 12 08:34:09 EDT 2010

Thank you to the group for sharing information about mulberry. I find interesting to know that seedlings should be close to the parent. There is no doubt about the hardiness of this tree and my memory of the fruits is quite favorable. I will go back in a months time to collect berries, check and compare. If this tree is a seedling, I could collect suckers during dormancy and transplant them in good garden soil. I have had success in the past with this type of rooting done late in the Fall. I will air dry some fruits to send seeds to interested parties, if this tree proves to be of worthwhile interest for colder climate.

Hélène, zone 3-4, north of Ottawa