[NAFEX] Green rosette?

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sat Jun 5 07:53:19 EDT 2010

> Aphids.

Thank-you, Naomi.

I've seen aphids (or what I thought were aphids) on my pear trees. But
in that case, the young leaves would just curl, and unrolling the leaf
would reveal that the underside was thick with tiny insects. So it
didn't occur to me that this might also be aphids. A different species,
maybe? I did figure it was some kind of insect.

At any rate, it hasn't been a big problem (nothing as bad as the
oriental fruit moths, which also attack the growing tips of these
trees). I'll keep cutting these "green rosettes" off the trees when I
see them and throw them in the garbage.

Thanks again,

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
Groups are not people; groups don't suffer, groups aren't conscious,
groups don't have feelings. It is the individuals who make up the groups