[NAFEX] Bay area orchards

Natelson, Ethan, M.D. ENatelson at tmhs.org
Sun Jan 17 06:52:09 EST 2010

Dear Spidra,

     I spoke with a representative of Dave Wilson nurseries yesterday and they deny supplying you or anyone else with cherries grafted on Myro 29 C.  Actually, there is nothing in the literature that suggests that Myro 29 C can support cherries.  However, it is nematode resistant and takes heavy wet soils, so I ordered some and will see if it will support the new low-chill cherries here in Houston.  Although unlikely, it is possible, since Adara, which is a Myro, does.  They must have sent you Citation with a Zee stem.  They are going to supply these cherries on a very dwarfing rootstock they claim suitable for container growing.

                                                       Regards, Ethan