[NAFEX] OT- Wild duck- No good deed goes unpunished

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Thu Jan 14 12:20:47 EST 2010

I like the flavor so much that a simple braise or basted roast - with
stuffing - suits me fine.  Many people hunt an cook duck, and there's no
shortage of recipes online.  This one has  a good selection with varying
levels of complexity:

http://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/wildgamerecipes/wild_game_recipes_duck.ht

~ Stephen

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Naomi Counides
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:04 AM
To: Nubiantalk at yahoogroups.com; 'North American Fruit Explorers'
Cc: GoatMilkCheeseMeat at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NAFEX] OT- Wild duck- No good deed goes unpunished

We told an acquaintance that he could hunt in out corn field.  He promised
my husband to bring dressed wild duck over.  Now I have prepared our back
years grass fed goose and a couple of commercial ducks but I really do not
have a good notion of what to do with this.  I have read that overcooked
wild duck can taste like liver.  I think liver is okay and make it from time
to time.. but out of beefalo liver.. not a duck.

So what can I do with these ducks?  Combinations using garlic, wine fruit
are all possible.  Looking for easy, tasty and not impossibly tough.

Naomi

database 4771 (20100114) __________

http://www.eset.com