[NAFEX] honeyberries/ hascap

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 15:00:29 EST 2010

Evelyn,

I haven't had much problems with the birds and these.  The leaves appear to hide the fruit fairly well, perhaps the birds just haven't figured it out yet.  One thing that may help is that all my small fruits, except honeyberries, are under birdnet or screens.  This may have some training effect on them that the tempting fruits cannot be reached in my yard.  I've had robins demonstrate their frustration.  Also, there is a large, small fruited, white fruited mulberry tree about 2o yards away.  They fruit over a fairly long period of time and do appear to distract some of the birds.