[NAFEX] pre emergent herbicide for orchard

Mark Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Tue Feb 23 11:06:26 EST 2010

Murph,

As I recall you have a large enough planting you may want to look into
recommendations from the various commercial spray guides.  They are almost
all available on line, or for 5 or 6 bucks from the local extension.  In
there, not only will you find various choices available but the universities
have also tested the products for efficacy.

>From the trades I read, a lot of commercial blueberry farms use glyphosate
under the blueberries with a shielded sprayer.  Blueberries are fairly
tolerant of glyphosate, but if too much is sprayed on them, yields and vigor
suffer.

Here is the Midwest Commercial Small Fruit Spray Guide (1.4MB):
http://www.ag.purdue.edu/hla/Hort/Pages/sfg_sprayguide.aspx  It should have
what you're looking for.

Mark
KS