[NAFEX] Great tasting Blue Honeysuckle

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Mon Feb 22 14:58:19 EST 2010

The Southern Honeysuckle (I grew up in Kentucky) has White, ivory, to cream,
depending on age.. tubular flowers that smell sweet and strong.  As kids we
would eat anything but I cannot recall that we ever ate the berries or even
if there were noticeable berries on the honeysuckle.  It looked like this
http://1902victorian.com/2006/05/honey-do.html

What we did do was pick the flowers and either just nip the back end off and
suck the nectar or carefully pull the pistil out the back and get the drop.
The older blossoms were sweeter.
Naomi

from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
 ..... Albert Einstein