[NAFEX] a 'pecan planting' question

James Geoffrey Steen geoff_steen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 20:52:41 EST 2010

To any knowledgable Nafexer,

I planted a bunch of pecan seedlings, started last year in 3-gallon pots, today in the ground. Noticed that the pots were icey blocks and wondered if such the pecans' roots might be damaged by freezing. The parent seed is from a thick-shelled northern type, planted now in Marshall, NC, zone 6b.

Concerned about my day's plantings...

James Geoffrey Steenc/o Raven Ridge Farm284 Catawba Drive
Marshall, NC 28753
(828) 649-9261  (h)
(617) 470-9436  (c)