[NAFEX] Best edible plants in Zone 5 rain garden?

nottke1 nottke1 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 17 05:58:48 EST 2010

Here in central NC pawpaws grow in flood plains, but on high enough ground that they only are in water once or twice each year.  I have seen them with water one foot up their trunk for a day or two before the water recedes. Persimmons tend to grow on ground that is a little higher, where the area might flood less than once per year.

Jim Nottke