[NAFEX] carmine jewel

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Tue Feb 16 16:02:49 EST 2010

Ernest, little plants still need strong protection and careful packing.
Believe me, I once worked as a mail handler.

Also, while I don't know about the U.S. post office there is an almost
sadistic quality to Canada Post's rate schedule for small parcels.

Years ago, plant shipments from nurseries got, informally, extra care
from Canada Post. That was a hangover from the days when the interests
of rural people got special consideration from politicians. No longer.

Bill MacKentley has been in business for a long time and I guess he
means to stay in business. Fair enough, I say.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada