[NAFEX] Paw Paw Rooting

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Sun Feb 7 18:31:41 EST 2010

In my experience, it seems to be a combination.  The stolons the come off
the parent plant and form new trees are shallow, and I have dug them and
transplated without any deep roots.  Takes these a couple of years to get
established.  I don't know if they then put down tap roots.
  On the other hand seedlings have a strong tap root and all our seedlings
are grown in those tall pots to accomodate that.
    Hector Black  zone 6 middle tn