[NAFEX] Asian pear - tall varieties?

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed Feb 3 08:35:41 EST 2010

Jay,
My original Asians are on Harbin(P.ussuriensis)
stock; in the ground for 14 yrs now, they're in the
neighborhood of 12 ft.   I have some on the other
side of the pond, on OHxF513, about 6 years younger;
but I've not really looked at them to gauge their height.
I would suspect that on the right rootstock, they'd
get fairly sizeable.
I know it's not full Asian, but there's an 'Orient'
tree(or at least that's what the owner of the
property calls it), planted by her grandfather in
1945, that is a veritable timber tree - easily 30-40
ft tall, and I can't reach around the trunk

LLP