[NAFEX] Summer pruning

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sat Aug 28 09:46:49 EDT 2010

> Even when the wound has dried up it can catch fungal spores and hold
> them until wet periods like in spring. Prunus is especially bad for
> fungus in the wood.

OK, but in that case, wouldn't I be better off pruning now, rather than
waiting for dormant pruning? After all, in either case, the wound won't
be healed by spring. But it might be a LITTLE further along if I prune now.

One way or another, I HAVE to prune these trees, either now or later.

Note that it's almost September, and I still haven't pruned these last
few trees, so I don't know if I'll get to it, anyway. Frankly, just
picking everything is taking all my time. But that's not a bad problem
to have, I suppose. :-)

Thanks!

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary
depends on his not understanding it. - Upton Sinclair