[NAFEX] vole damage

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Thu Apr 22 15:31:07 EDT 2010

The snow finally melted from the ditches.  It is sort of warm in the
day but it is still frosting heavily during the night.  Some of my
fruit trees look damaged from the winter but I don't know yet if they
are dead.  The voles and mice caused a lot of bark damage under the
snow.  I put mice poison when it first snowed last fall.  The poison
blocks are gone but the trees were damaged anyway.  I bought hardware
cloth today and will really protect the trees.  I thought poison
would kill all the vermin.  My electric fence protected the trees
from the other vermin: deer.