[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 87, Issue 15

rmelrose at danvilleVT.net rmelrose at danvilleVT.net
Mon Apr 12 14:28:31 EDT 2010

I have always found red currents a bit insipid in pies, but no doubt tastes
vary. To me they are wonderful eaten fresh, with peaches for instance, and
as an ingredient in summer puidding.

Black currants pie, on their own or with apple or some such, is very
much to my taste! Not to mention blackcurrant jam and cassis. Which reminds
me, I must plant some more black currants.

Richard
VT Zone 4a.