[NAFEX] table grape flavors

Melissa Kacalanos mijwiz at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 13:38:13 EDT 2010

Everyone has different tastes, but I like 'Marquis.' When fully ripe, it has a very strong, simple, artificially-flavored grape candy sort of taste. Underripe, though, it tastes like 'Thompson Seedless.'

For a more sophisticated grape, I like 'Jupiter', which has a bit of a muscat flavor.

I also like 'Reliance' and 'Canadice.' I've liked one more than the other at times, but I think a lot depends on how they're grown.

The above evaluations are all based on grapes grown near me. Also, I'm sure there are a lot of other great grapes out there that I haven't tried yet.

Melissa
zone 5, central NY