[NAFEX] Apricots from Afghanistan

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 14:59:03 EDT 2010

Hi Melissa,
I tried some edible pit apricots back in the late 80's in Creston, B.C.  They are delicious and I also think they taste (and look) a lot like almonds.  The couple that had them told us that its easy to tell the difference between edible and non-edible (cyanide containing) pits: the edible ones are not bitter.
Any Canadians know about any edible pit apricots in their area?  I'm going to query my father-in-law (they live near Creston) to see if he knows anyone who has these trees.
I would love to get some pits from you (happy to pay) if you have any to spare.

Sarah

zone 3

Edmonton, AB