[NAFEX] Carmine jewel seeds

Matt Demmon mdemmon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 09:39:23 EDT 2010

Ernest, mine germinated after 3-4 months of cold after moving to a 60
degree environment. Some were even germinating in the fridge, however
others took several weeks to a month to germinate after being moved to
warmth. Also, the germination rate was not high. Perhaps they are not
terribly fertile because of their origin as intergeneric hybrids. So
far I'd say I've got about 25% germ.

I'd like to report that my honeyberry seeds are now germinating en
masse. hundreds of them, germinating after about 3 months cold, 1
month warm. I'm curious to experiment with fresh seed.

-matt
z5 se MI

--
-matt demmon