[NAFEX] grape juice

Tim Inman Tim at historicinteriors.com
Sun Sep 27 14:21:10 EDT 2009

From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow at frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grape juice
To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex at lists.ibiblio.org>

I remember that someone who had way too many grapes said the easiest way to do it was to fill a jar with grapes, add water and maybe sugar, put on the lid and process.  I'll bet a blender and a strainer would do a better job.  Donna

Actually, we've done the 'grapes in a jar' for years.  We put in one cup of grapes, 1/2 cup of sugar into a sterilized hot jar, and fill with boiling water.  Seal immediately.  Store for a month or six weeks, and pour off the liquid to drink.  Don't process the grapes.  They stay whole, and release their juices over the waiting time.  Easy to do, and good

Tim