[NAFEX] [SPAM detected Spam-Test: True ; 3.0 / 3.0] Re: King of fruits? Cross cultural dislikes - High price of durian

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch_mnd at dataone.in
Mon Sep 21 02:05:55 EDT 2009

However, I was not able to understand one thing about durian.  Why it sells
at relatively much higher price than the other better tasting and pleasant
floured local fruits even in Thailand and Indonesia.

A few years back, I saw durian being sold in Kerala in South India.  It was
priced 100 rupees a kilo which is a VERY high price for a fruit in India.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Mandi  HP  India
www.fruitipedia.com