[NAFEX] King of fruits?

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Thu Sep 17 01:40:10 EDT 2009

Anyone watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern?  He travels the world eating
weird stuff: eyeballs, bugs, cheese with live maggots, still-moving
tentacles, that sort of thing.  The only thing he found so vile and
disgusting that he immediately threw up afterward was durian.

~ Stephen

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Kieran &/or Donna
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:12 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] King of fruits?

Kevin,  You have it wrong.  It's gingko fruit that smells like dirty
diapers.  Durian merely smells like onions and garlic mixed with fruit.  My
husband says the onions and garlic are rotten, but I say not.  He says it
tastes vile too.  I have eaten only a little bit of frozen durian, thought
it was ok.  I'd probably like it fresh.    Donna