[NAFEX] Sunchokes [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

ADAMSON, Karl Karl.Adamson at apvma.gov.au
Mon Sep 14 19:12:18 EDT 2009

Sunchokes where I am are constrained from spreading primarily by lack of
water. I do eat them regularly, I love the taste and they are fantastic
in risotto.

But the main use I have for them is as a sunshade/weed barrier between
one of my main garden beds and the couch infestation that attempts to
get in every year.  They are a really good barrier and provide shade to
sensitive crops in the summer. When they rarely come into the garden bed
I just dig them out.  They are far easier to remove than a couch runner.
I never let them set seed.

Karl, Australia

IMPORTANT:   This email may contain confidential or privileged information.  If
you are not the addressee you may not copy, use or rely on the contents of this
email or any attachment.   If you have received this transmission in error
please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
transmission.