[NAFEX] goosebarry var info

Kieran &/or Donna holycow at frontiernet.net
Sun Sep 13 11:37:56 EDT 2009

http://www.cals.uidaho.edu/sandpoint/Gooseberry%20varieties.htm

Here is a variety list that is almost completely different from the list I
looked at from some nursery in PNW.  The descriptions are good, and more
info on Am vars.  Thanks for your comments so far, as the cautious tones
made me want to investigate more carefully than I might have.  I have no
idea what kind of gooseberry I have, probably Poorman as it is rather
droopy, but I can't remember seeing enough gooseberry bushes in my life to
be able to compare.  I do remember the old woman in east Tenn who said her
mother grew gooseberries as a cash crop and took the berries to market one
Saturday a year.  She used a horse drawn wagon, so that was a LONG time ago,
but whatever kind she grew, it produced well.  They picked them green.
Donna