[NAFEX] russian olive, elaeagnus sp

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 31 12:01:01 EDT 2009

Hello Lee,
     We had a lot of trouble with dieback on our King Red and it eventually died, but there was a tree on the campus of U. Mass. at Amherst.  I remember it from student days and it was still there, near the greenhouses when we had a NAFEX meeting there some years ago.  Really a beautiful plant.  Never thought much of the dried berries on the market in Turkey. I thought the problem with growing in this area was humidity which encouraged fungus diseases.  Hector Black zone 6 middle tn