[NAFEX] Another Chokecherry Soda-pop question

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Tue Oct 6 13:28:52 EDT 2009

Yes, properly sealed with a bottle capper or just by tightening the lid on a
purchased plastic soda bottle, the fizz will keep.  If opened and resealed,
you'll lose a lot of fizz.  When you carbonate, remember that cold water
accepts the CO2 better.  For little carbonators like mine, you have to
carbonate first then add syrup. With the bigger arrangement posted - sounds
right for your needs - you may be able to add syrup then carbonate.

~ Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Jim Fruth
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:03 AM
To: NAFEX
Subject: [NAFEX] Another Chokecherry Soda-pop question

    Thanks to those of you who offered suggestions for making chokecherry
soda pop.

Another question:  I only have time for projects during the dead of Winter.
I need to make it in January and bottle it so it can be drunk in August.  If

seltzer water is added to syrup, then poured into bottles, would there be
any fizz left?  How is it done commercially (I couldn't find any such info
online).

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472