[NAFEX] pawpaw beer?

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Fri Oct 2 11:54:23 EDT 2009

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/pawpaw.asp

And there is Mead!!!.    You could do a couple of gallon jugs and try
variations.. the wine and one with honey for mead.  You could increase the
pawpaw content.. I would.  My brewing mentor told me that if I wanted it to
taste like water, use water.. if I wanted it to taste like fruit.. use
fruit.

We had a frost two nights ago and I am unloading the plum trees.  I already
made 3 gallons of mead from the early plums. It turned out nice.  No off
flavors but too harsh with alcohol. Time will work that out.

This time different plums and some star anise.   Still have one more tree
and one more carboy.. thinking rosemary.  Might add a bit of lemon to one,
the other, or both.

OT: Idaho is changing the dairy regs to allow small herd sales for human
consumption.  They are really doing this right.  Will be testing finished
product for cleanliness (bacterial counts etc).  Meeting tonight with head
of dairy division of Dept of Ag to explain and answer questions. I am
excited and delighted.

Naomi

from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even
incapable of forming such opinions."
 ..... Albert Einstein

  _____