[NAFEX] Growing Amelanchier

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Thu Nov 5 23:31:08 EST 2009

Jay,
Of the alnifolias, I have: Smoky, Regent, Theissen,
Martin, Success, Forestburg or Honeywood(one died,
and I don't remember which), and A.obovata
"Jennybelle" - and two row-run seedlings of Timm &
Success, from the aforementioned
Bear Creek Nursery.
The row-run T&S seedlings, which were tiny, almost
microscopic things when I received them, have far
outstripped the others, with regard to vigor, rate of
growth and spread, leaf retention, and in fruit
production.  Unfortunately, they're located on the
opposite side of the farm pond from my house, and I
rarely beat the birds to any of the fruits.

Lucky