[NAFEX] Blueberries in CA

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Sat May 30 14:15:25 EDT 2009

I believe that Maine is the leading producer of wild blueberries.
Vast tracts of unselected lowbush blueberry plants are managed and
harvested for the commercial market.  (Management includes periodic
burning to reduce competition and importing bees during flowering, as
well as harvesting.)  Fresh wild blueberries are available for sale in
many grocery stores here in Massachusetts during the season, and are
available frozen in my supermarket year round.

Ginda