[NAFEX] Cornus mas

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu May 28 15:40:42 EDT 2009

Don't know if I'd call it bletting.  It's more of a reducing of the
acid.  The fruit seems to be best after it falls from the tree and sits
for a day or so.  It's still a fresh fruit, but the acid has decreased,
making it sweeter and less astringent.  I've read that in eastern
Europe such "after ripened" fruit is selected for making a liquer that
is highly prized.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :