[NAFEX] Chewed cord

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Tue May 26 09:48:50 EDT 2009

Don Yellman wrote, "Submersible pumps must be absolutely
sealed,......................"

    Good thing you didn't say "all."  My submersible pump is not only not
sealed but the workings of the motor are exposed to the fluid it pumps.  I
learned that when I took it apart to clean it.  I would not have suspected a
motor could run when the armature and coils are exposed to the fluid it is
pumping.  The only thing that is sealed is where the cord enters the unit
and there is something resembling axle grease in the cavity where the
connection is made so I'm guessing that if any fluid got into the cavity, it
would be blocked from doing damage by the grease.
    Could Michelle's pump be similar?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472