[NAFEX] muscadine question

Kevin Moore aleguy33 at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 08:36:13 EDT 2009

Honestly, they invariably come up through one of my fruit trees, so if I let one go long enough to bear, I will most likely lose the tree it has engulfed. Last year's fruit was a surprise since I had pruned the vine to the ground in the spring. Within a few months of my being otherwise engaged, the vine had sprawled out over several tress and developed many hundreds of fruit clusters.
As an organic grower, I refuse to use 2-4d so the vine, which is virtually fused to the trunk of a Loquat, is still very much alive.